Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
JRAS Trading as J R Abraham and Son
To protect J R Abraham and Son and your own rights please read these terms and conditions in full. Please make sure you understand these conditions because they affect your rights and liabilities. If you are unsure as to your rights under these terms and conditions or you want any explanation about these terms and conditions please email, telephone or write before you place your item for repair. We will be happy to assist you with your enquiry.
J R Abraham and Son will now be referred to as JRAS within these terms and conditions.
By placing your item for repair with JRAS you will enter into a legally binding contract withJRAS on the following terms and conditions.
Repair Terms and Conditions
Clock movements overhauled by JRAS will be guaranteed to be free from defects for a period of 12 months from the date of completion of the work with the following exceptions: Breakage of any springs, wheels or pinions, pivots, weight cables or chains and damage caused thereby;
The exceptions above apply;
If evidence of alteration or tampering to the item repaired by JRAS is found to have been carried out by a third party then JRAS will not be held responsible and the warranty may become invalid at our discretion. JRAS will not be responsible for any cost incurred by using a third party employed by you the customer to further investigate your said clock or item. In this instance JRAS did not agree to any third party involvement or any cost incurred to you the customer by taking this action without our consent.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Anyone providing an item for repair to JRAS professes to be the owner or approved agent of the original owner of the item for repair, this in turn releases JRAS from any liability for said item except as agreed within these terms and conditions.
2. It is preferred that the owner drop off and pick up their clock or item. We understand that on some occasions this may not be possible for you the customer. Therefore, collection and drop off is offered entirely free of charge for the local region up to 25 miles from JRAS. A charge maybe made for out of area collection and drop off at the discretion of JRAS. This out of area charge will be agreed by JRAS and you the customer before proceeding. Any clock overhauled can be delivered and setup at the customer's home to ensure reliability.
3. An estimate for a repair is based on the clock or item being in a good serviceable condition. If upon examination of the clock or item further work or parts are required JRAS will contact you the customer. JRAS will advise you of the increase in cost and seek approval before proceeding any further with the repair. Once agreed with you the revised cost and timescale will be confirmed and agreed by both JRAS and you the customer.
4. Repair period times are only a guideline and JRAS cannot be responsible for any unforeseen delays. Unforeseen delays can encompass: parts delivery issues, problematic clocks even after repair (many clocks we work on are 100 years +). However, we aim to repair most clocks or items left with us in 4 to 6 weeks upon receipt of your item to JRAS.
5. Full payment is due upon completion of work.
6. JRAS accept any liability for the loss or damage to the receipted item resulting from fire, theft, or any other cause beyond its control. In no event will JRAS liability exceed the value of £150 per item.
7. It is a mandatory requirement of JRAS that any item left with or collected by us is covered by the customer's own insurance and left with us entirely at the customer's own risk.
JRAS take exceptional care and skill when repairing your item. We are not able to accept liability for issues that occur outside of our control during the 12 month warranty period. Issues that can occur even during the warranty period are of the following:
Spring breaking- can lead to further damage
Wheel damage- teeth or pinion broken/damaged
Chains or lines breaking
JRAS will not accept any liability for misuse, abuse or tampering of an item repaired by us resulting in failure of said item. Issues that occur during the 12 month warranty period outside of our control will be subject to additional cost to repair the item back to operational state.
JRAS will provide you with a quotation for repair in these circumstances and obtain your authorisation before proceeding to repair your item.
JRAS will endeavour to keep the cost to an economically viable figure knowing you have invested recently having your item repaired.
Again, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to discuss your enquiry in full.
© 2021 JRAbraham & Son. All Rights Reserved
Terms and Conditions